Back to Articles
The Fairmont San Francisco To Introduce Intersect:A Fairmont Media Lounge In Fall 2010
Publish Date :31-Aug-2010
8 月 31 日、2010 日
- New lounge to offer high-tech entertainment and meeting options for individual travelers and groups -
SAN FRANCISCO -- Located in the hub of technological innovation, The Fairmont San Francisco has announced the development of Intersect:A Fairmont Media Lounge, which will offer guests the ultimate experience of connectivity.
Spanning 2,400 square-feet, Intersect will provide an inviting environment where travelers can relax by playing interactive games, listening to music, downloading photos or just browsing the Internet to plan the perfect San Francisco itinerary.
Plush couches, arm chairs and chaise lounges in a trio of blue tones ranging from sapphire to aqua are set against pale silver walls and drapery, creating a chic club-like setting that gives guests an alternative to the traditional hotel lounge.A digital art installation will be showcased in this avant-garde space.
Hotel personnel will be available to assist guests with Intersect’s state-of-the-art entertainment offerings. The full-service lounge will be open from 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. daily.
Fresh Take On Social Networking
For the meeting and event market, Intersect introduces a fresh take on social networking.除在时尚空间中举行董事会会议及充当私人影院外，客人还可在享受当地美味的同时，获得“Guitar Hero” 和 “Wii Golf” 竞赛的礼券。
“We are trying to bring the fun back to travel and are creating a ‘playful’ lounge for our guests. Here, they can enjoy the very best wines from the region while playing popular games developed in our own backyard. It is truly an only-in-San Francisco experience, in keeping with Fairmont’s guiding philosophy of classical by design, contemporary in spirit,” explains Regional Vice President and General Manager Thomas Klein.
The lounge is being developed in partnership with Bang & Olufsen (B&O), famous for its signature sound and vision technologies that provide unique experiences in the field of audio and home entertainment. Electronic Arts (EA) and EMI music are also collaborating on the project by providing the most sought-after games and music, respectively.
Design Blends Form With Fun
Designed by Crane & Associates, Intersect will be comprised of four areas including the entry which opens up to the lounge, the central game room and the screening room.These distinct venues can be elegantly separated by drapes for smaller, exclusive group functions.
The lounge will feature the following entertainment options:
- A Microsoft Surface interactive table that allows guests to browse the Internet and play games on a table top
- A Bang & Olufsen music system that functions as a digital jukebox
- A Bang & Olufsen LED HD TV with Blue-ray technology that can show a wide variety of general interest content to guests; this monitor can also be used to showcase a client’s presentation during corporate events.
- A “share table” where guests can mingle while working on personal laptops.
The central game room will offer the following high-tech, high-excitement amenities:
- Two gaming stations including a selection of X-Box and Wii games selected to appeal to a range of ages and interests.Movies and special event broadcasts can be experienced true to life on the B&O monitors.Conveniently, the stations can be played by either individuals or small groups.
- A station where music can be downloaded to guests' MP3 players
- Two iMac laptops provided for general use
The screening room will feature a large projection screen and B&O HD Plasma screen with full surround-sound designed for corporate presentations, movie screenings and more active games such as Rock Band and Wii sports games.It will seat 18 to 24 people.
Intersect is open to children 18 and under, if accompanied by an adult. Hotel guests can access the media lounge for $10 per person spanning a 24-hour period.
全新多媒体酒廊，豪华酒店品牌的首个同类设施，进一步落实了费尔蒙“提供能够增强旅行体验的周到服务及创新产品”的坚定承诺。With more than 60 distinctive hotels and resorts worldwide, Fairmont does have plans to introduce Intersect at some of its other destinations in the future.
Fairmont San Francisco
Since 1907, The Fairmont has served as the San Francisco residence for U.S. presidents, world leaders and entertainment stars.The landmark hotel offers 591 newly renovated guest rooms and suites, three distinctive restaurants, a health club and easy access to the city’s most popular attractions.The Fairmont San Francisco is located atop Nob Hill at 950 Mason Street.For reservations, please call 1-800-441-1414 or visit www.fairmont.com/sanfrancisco .